Next month The Cozy Mystery Book Club at Meetup is reading cozies with recipes. Coincidentally, Novel Suspects (https://www.novelsuspects.com) has an article about their choice of best current cozies with recipes. I’m not sure if the author tried the recipes or simply liked the mystery. Nonetheless, I’m borrowing their list to share with you.
- Prepared for Murder by Cecile Lamalle
- Death by Dumpling by Vivien Chien
- Murder with Fried Chicken and Waffles by A. L. Herbert
- Aunty Lee’s Delights by Ovidia Yu
Each of the books has delicious recipes!
Some other cozies with recipes include:
- The Diva Says Cheesecake! (A Domestic Diva Mystery Book 15) by Krista Davis
- A Dish to Die for (A Key West Food Critic Mystery Book 12) by Lucy Burdette
- Honey Roasted (A Coffeehouse Mystery Book 19) by Cleo Coyle
- Caramel Pecan Roll Murder: A Delicious Culinary Cozy Mystery (A Hannah Swensen Mystery Book 25) by Joanne Fluke
Meanwhile, since it finally rained the other day and I was feeling like sweater weather might start soon, I made myself a cup of tea and curled up with Laura Child’s latest tea shop mystery. The book just fit the weather. It’s called A Dark and Stormy Tea (A Tea Shop Mystery Book 24). I think Ms. Childs has her mystery writing chops back again. This one is more in the style of her earlier writing, and I found it a fun read. It has some excellent recipes at the end of the novel.
Don’t forget to enter our writing contest! Look on the website under Contests!